How do I make my table lines invisible?
Place your cursor inside the table to enable the table options, click “Table Tools” and select “Design.” Unfold the “Line Style” drop-down menu, the first of several in the Draw Borders section, and select “No Border.” Your cursor turns into a paintbrush, and clicking on a border segment will remove it.
How do you make a line disappear in Word?
While you can’t use the Backspace or Delete keys to get rid of it, you can still nix that line:
- Click directly above the line.
- Go to the Home tab in the Ribbon.
- Within the Paragraph section, click the dropdown arrow next to the Borders icon and select No Border.
How do you type in 4 lines in Word?
Type the four lines of text, and then at the “Insert” tab click “Shape” drop down arrow, and select the very first option “Line.” Then, while holding the “Shift” key down draw a line under the first line of text. Select the line and hold down the “Ctrl” key.
How do I show column lines in Word?
Adding Vertical Lines Between Columns
- Position the insertion point at the beginning of the material you want to appear in columns.
- Select the Columns option from the Format menu.
- Specify the number of columns desired, as you normally would.
- In the Apply To box, select This Point Forward.
- Click on the Line Between check box.
- Click on OK.
How do you customize a table in Word?
You can also resize your table. Click on any cell to select the table, then click and drag one of the corners to resize it. Or, you can use the Layout tab to resize individual cells, specific rows or columns, or the entire table. Select the columns or rows you wish to resize.
How do I create a different sized table in Word?
- Click the table, and then click the Table Layout tab.
- Under Settings, click Properties.
- Click the Table tab, and then click Options.
- Under Default cell spacing, select the Allow spacing between cells check box, and then enter the measurement that you want.
How do I create a different number of columns in a table?
Select the first part of the text to which you want to apply a different number of columns, choose Format » Columns, specify the number of columns, make sure that “Selected text” rather than “Whole document” is selected in the “Apply to” drop-down list, and click the OK button.
How do I make a table with different sized cells?
Make multiple columns or rows the same size
- Select the columns or rows you want to make the same size. You can press CTRL while you select to choose several sections that are not next to each other.
- On the Layout tab, in the Cell Size group, click Distribute Columns. or Distribute Rows .
How do I automatically adjust row height in Word?
To fit the table to the text, click [AutoFit] > select “AutoFit Window.” To keep Word from automatically adjusting your column size, click [AutoFit] > select “Fixed Column Width.” To adjust the row height, click the up and down arrows within the “Height” field. Highlight multiple cells to adjust more than 1 row.
How do you adjust row height in Word table?
To adjust the row height:
- Click the Row tab.
- Select the Height of row option from the drop-down menu.
- If necessary, enter a row height in points (72 pts = 1 inch).
- Select the Alignment option from the drop-down menu.
- Click Next Row to change to the next row and then set the cell height.
How do I align top right in Word?
Align the text left or right
- Select the text that you want to align.
- On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click Align Left or Align Right .
How do I format a table using AutoFit contents in Word?
To use the feature, follow these steps:
- Select the entire table.
- Make sure the Layout tab of the ribbon is displayed.
- In the Cell Size group click AutoFit. Word displays a drop-down list of choices.
- Choose AutoFit Contents from the choices.
What arrow do you look for when you want to add a column or a row to a table?
Click the arrow at the bottom, right-hand corner of the Rows & Columns section….Add a cell.
|Shift cells right||Insert a cell and move all other cells in that row to the right. Note: Word does not insert a new column. This may result in a row that has more cells than the other rows.|
How do you Colour a table box in Word?
Add shading to a table
- Select the cells you want to change.
- On the Table Tools Design tab (the Table Tools Layout tab in OneNote), click the Shading menu.
- Under Theme Colors or Standard Colors, select the shading color you want.
How do I move a table with arrow keys in Word?
Word provides a handy shortcut that allows you to easily move rows around in a table. Simply follow these steps: Position the insertion point in the row you want to move, or select the rows you want to move. While holding down the Shift and Alt keys, press the Up Arrow or Down Arrow to move the row.
How do I move a table up in Word?
Drag a table to a new location
- In Print Layout view, rest the pointer on the table until the table move handle. appears.
- Rest the pointer over the table move handle until the pointer becomes a four-headed arrow, and then click the table move handle.
- Drag the table to a new location.