How do you read a literature review paper?
Reading the Literature
- Read, summarize or describe each article noting your findings and impressions.
- Examine each article for strengths and weaknesses and validity of findings.
- Is the author objective?
- Try to extract the unique concepts of the article that are central to a full understanding of the topic.
How do you find the literature review of a research paper?
Where to search when doing a literature review
- Start with research databases. Scopus and Web of Science are good databases to start with for any research topic and literature review.
- Focus your search with specific databases. Select two or three discipline/specialist databases to conduct your search for comprehensive results.
- Find books, theses and more.
How do you analyze literature for a literature review?
You show your understanding by analysing and then synthesising the information to:
- Determine what has already been written on a topic.
- Provide an overview of key concepts.
- Identify major relationships or patterns.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify any gaps in the research.
- Identify any conflicting evidence.
How many papers do you read for a literature review?
Maybe – as a very rough and ready rule of thumb – 8-10 significant pieces (books and/or articles) for a 8,000 word dissertation, up to 20 major pieces of work for /b> words, and so on. But use your judgement! Skim through the books and articles identified as potentially relevant.
How do you start a literature review apa?
- Step 1: Review APA guidelines.
- Step 2: Decide on a topic.
- Step 3: Identify the literature that you will review:
- Step 4: Analyze the literature.
- Step 5: Summarize the literature in table or concept map format.
- Step 6: Synthesize the literature prior to writing your review.
- Step 7: Writing the review (Galvan, 2006: 81-90)
What is 3000 words in pages?
Pages by Word Count
|Word Count||Pages (single spaced)||Pages (double spaced)|
|3000 Words||6 Pages||12 Pages|
|3500 Words||7 Pages||14 Pages|
|4000 Words||8 Pages||16 Pages|
|5000 Words||10 Pages||20 Pages|
How many handwritten pages is 1500 words?
1500 words is about 3 pages single spaced or 6 pages double spaced. Word counts of 1000 words, 1500 words, etc.