How do you respond to a reviewer for a Journal revision?
Responding to reviewers’ comments
- Begin by thanking the reviewer for taking the time to assess your manuscript.
- Then, specify that you’ve addressed all the concerns they raised.
- List all the reviewer’s comments and your answer to each one.
- Avoid giving yes or no answers.
What is revised paper?
What does it mean to revise? Revision literally means to “see again,” to look at something from a fresh, critical perspective. It is an ongoing process of rethinking the paper: reconsidering your arguments, reviewing your evidence, refining your purpose, reorganizing your presentation, reviving stale prose.
What is the most important benefit of revision?
But more important than grades is that revising your papers teaches you to be a better writer. Studies have shown again and again that the best way to learn to write is to rewrite. In the revision process, you improve your reading skills and your analytical skills.
How do you give students revision?
How to teach revising
- Explain the revising process explicitly: provide specific, meaningful goals for the revision and/or clearly identify the audience.
- Model the strategy with think-alouds.
- Provide guided practice with feedback.
- Gradually work toward independent mastery by students.
What are some revision strategies?
- STEP ONE: THE BIG PICTURE. Look at the first draft in terms of larger, abstract qualities:
- STEP TWO: FOCUS ON DEVELOPMENT. does the main idea of the paper have enough supporting material?
- STEP THREE: FOCUS ON STRUCTURE.
- STEP FOUR: FOCUS ON SENTENCE STRUCTURE.
What is effective revision?
Revising effectively means much more than simply trying to memorise information to regurgitate in the exam: it involves practise in recalling information in a flexible and ‘useable’ way; it involves practise in understanding and answering exam questions in an appropriate manner; it involves practise in assessing the …
What is the most effective revision technique?
When you are revising, short study sessions followed by short naps are considered one of the best ways to learn. You read that right – it’s actually beneficial to take naps. The brain processes information while sleeping so a well revised topic will be easier to recall if you sleep on it.
What is the root of revision?
The word revised comes from the Latin word revisere, which means “look at again, or visit again.” When you revise something, this is exactly what happens.
What is a revision sentence?
Simple Sentences with “revision” A simple sentence with “revision” contains a subject and a verb, and it may also have an object and modifiers. However, it contains only one independent clause.
How do you write a revision?
Upload your paper & get a free Expert Check
- Find your main point.
- Identify your readers and your purpose.
- Evaluate your evidence.
- Save only the good pieces.
- Tighten and clean up your language.
- Eliminate mistakes in grammar and usage.
- Switch from writer-centered to reader-centered.
What is the difference between revise and revision?
To “revise” means to change something (e.g., you might revise a document after reviewing it). “Revision” is the noun form of “revise” (e.g., “He made a few revisions to the spreadsheet”). A noun from this verb is “Revision”.
What is the verb for revision?
revise. (obsolete) To look at again, to reflect on. To review, alter and amend, especially of written material. (Britain, Australia, New Zealand) To look over again (something previously written or learned), especially in preparation for an examination.
What is another word for revision?
Some common synonyms of revise are amend, correct, emend, rectify, redress, reform, and remedy.
What is a surgical revision?
: surgery performed to replace or compensate for a failed implant (as in a hip replacement) or to correct undesirable sequelae (as scars or scar tissue) of previous surgery.
Do you do a revision or make a revision?
You can say “make a revision timetable or revision plan and stick to it”. If you tell us what you are trying to say we can tell you whether you should be using “revise” or “revision” and if it is more appropriate that you use “revision” then how you should go about using it.
Do you make a revision?
To make a revision of something that is written or something that has been decided means to make changes to it in order to improve it, make it more modern, or make it more suitable for a particular purpose.
What is the best way to revise before the test?
How to revise for exams: Top tips
- Start early. Effective revision is not something that can be rushed.
- Decide what you’re going to revise. Look over your syllabus and decide how you’re going to approach your revision.
- Make a plan.
- Find a method that works for you.
- Eat healthily.
- Regular exercise.
- Take breaks.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
How do you use revision in a sentence?
- At any rate, your plan needs revision.
- Their educational policies are due for revision.
- The judge wants to see a revision of the procedures.
- At present I’m engaged with the revision of my dictionary.
- In October Parliament approved a revision of the budget.
- He matured his novel by constant revision.