What are the patterns of paragraph?
No matter what pattern you follow (in other words, what the purpose of your paragraph is) your paragraphs will all include three main components.
- Topic Sentences. Open your paragraph by introducing your reader to the topic you’ll be exploring.
- Support (Body) Sentences.
- Concluding (Closing) Sentences.
What is the most basic pattern of development?
Some general patterns of development are: Cause and Effect details why something happens, what causes it, what are the effects and how it is related to something else.
What are the cause and effect patterns?
A cause states why something happens. An effect states a result or outcome. At times, a single cause leads to several effects.
What are the three types of cause and effect?
In addition to these patterns, you should probably recognize that causes naturally fall into three categories: (1) necessary causes, which must be present for an event to occur but may not be solely responsible for the event, (2) contributory causes, which help bring about events but can’t produce effects independently …
What are the transition words for cause and effect?
Common Transitional Words and Phrases
- cause and effect: consequently, therefore, accordingly, as a result, because, for this reason, hence, thus.
- sequence: furthermore, in addition, moreover, first, second, third, finally, again, also, and, besides, further, in the first place, last, likewise, next, then, too.
What is example of cause?
Examples of Cause and Effect Cause: We received seven inches of rain in four hours. Effect: The underpass was flooded. Cause: I never brush my teeth. Effect: I have 5 cavities.
How do you write cause and effect?
Follow these steps when writing a cause and effect essay
- Distinguish between cause and effect. To determine causes, ask, “Why did this happen?”
- Develop your thesis statement. State clearly whether you are discussing causes, effects, or both.
- Find and organize supporting details.
- Use appropriate transitions.