What should RRL contain?
A review of related literature (RRL) is a detailed review of existing literature related to the topic of a thesis or dissertation. In an RRL, you talk about knowledge and findings from existing literature relevant to your topic.
How do I search RRL?
Literature Search: Process Flow
- Develop a research question in a specific subject area.
- Make a list of relevant databases and texts you will search.
- Make a list of relevant keywords and phrases.
- Start searching and make notes from each database to keep track of your search.
Where can I find an article for a literature review?
How to find papers when you do your literature review
- Ask your supervisor where to start.
- Read up on the basics in a textbook.
- References from the research proposal.
- Find a good review paper on your topic.
- Look for technical reports, theses, code documents etc.
- Google Scholar.
How do you select relevant literature?
Literature Review: Conducting & Writing
- Choose a topic. Define your research question.
- Decide on the scope of your review. How many studies do you need to look at?
- Select the databases you will use to conduct your searches.
- Conduct your searches and find the literature.
- Review the literature.
What is literature considered relevant?
A literature review surveys scholarly articles, books and other sources relevant to a particular issue, area of research, or theory, and by so doing, providing a description, summary, and critical evaluation of these works.
What is the importance of choosing relevant literature in writing a research paper?
It establishes the authors’ in-depth understanding and knowledge of their field subject. It gives the background of the research. Portrays the scientific manuscript plan of examining the research result.
Why should you write a review of literature?
Demonstrates the depth of your knowledge about your research. Identifies the important works in your area and shows that you’ve read them. Provides an intellectual context for your own work, and enables you to position your project in relation to others in the field.
What a literature review looks like?
A literature review discusses published information in a particular subject area, and sometimes information in a particular subject area within a certain time period. A literature review can be just a simple summary of the sources, but it usually has an organizational pattern and combines both summary and synthesis.
What are the characteristic of a good literature review?
Qualities of A Good Lit Review A good literature review is NOT simply a list describing or summarizing several articles; a literature review is discursive prose which proceeds to a conclusion by reason or argument. A good literature review shows signs of synthesis and understanding of the topic.
How do you format a research paper?
Set the top, bottom, and side margins of your paper at 1 inch. Use double-spaced text throughout your paper. Use a standard font, such as Times New Roman or Arial, in a legible size (10- to 12-point). Use continuous pagination throughout the paper, including the title page and the references section.