When approaching an aircraft at night vehicle operators should do which of the following?
|When approaching and aircraft at night vehicle operators should do which of the following||Turn off headlights and leave parking lights on|
|Excerpt when an aircraft is being serviced, loaded or unloaded vehicles should not be driven within ___ ft of the aircraft||10 ft|
What is the speed limit for vehicles operating within 50 feet of an aircraft?
1. The maximum speed limit when operating within 50 feet of any aircraft is 5 MPH.
When an aircraft engine is operating or being started no vehicle will be driven closer than?
When aircraft engines are operating or being started, no vehicle will be parked or driven closer than 25 feet to the side of or 300 feet to the rear of any aircraft.
How mechanic give their signal to taxiing aircraft?
The signalman must glance behind himself or herself often when walking backward to prevent backing into a propeller or tripping over a chock, fire bottle, tie-down line, or other obstruction. Taxi signals are usually given at night with the aid of illuminated wands attached to flashlights.
What is are the leading causes of runway incursions?
Most Common Runway Incursion Types
- Incorrect entry of an aircraft or vehicle onto the runway protected area (without or contrary to ATC clearance or due to incorrect ATC clearance)
- Incorrect presence of a vacating aircraft or vehicle onto the runway protected area.
What must be done when ground equipment is no longer being used on the aircraft parking apron?
What is the speed limit for a designated traffic lane within 200ft of a designated aircraft parking area? What must be done when ground support equipment is no longer being used on the aircraft parking apron? Must be stored in areas that do not violate lateral clearance requirements.
What are the safety procedures during the aircraft ground operations?
- ensuring that aircraft are not involved in collisions with other aicraft when moving and that the jet efflux from large aircraft does not hazard small ones;
- ensuring that aircraft are not damaged by debris left on the aircraft manoeuvring areas;
- ensuring safe parking and docking of aircraft;