Coffee lovers deeply understand the need of keeping their coffee machines maintained and clean. Nobody wants their machine to breakdown. If you have a Keurig coffee machine, then to maintain its performance, you need to pay attention to cleaning it accurately. Thus, descaling it every third to sixth month is very important.
With the right keurig descaling solution, this is not a tough task at all. But if you are new to this, then we are here to help you. We have laid out all the basic guidelines on how to descale your keurig coffee maker machine within no time. Let’s begin.
How to Descale Solution Bottle:
To begin with, empty the water reservoir and then follow the next steps:
- Pour the keurig descaling solution in the water reservoir and then fill the empty bottle with water, and put that into the reservoir too.
- Take a large mug and place it on the drip tray. Also make sure that the K-Cup pod is completely empty.
- Now, press the pod button and select the 12 button for cleansing brew.
- Take the heating plates and place them on the carafe. Press the carafe button and select the 12 button.
- Once done, empty the carafe and turn the brewer off and allow it to rest for half an hour.
- Clean the reservoir deeply with water and fill it with fresh water, till the max line.
- Place the empty plate on the carafe again and press the carafe buttons, with the 12 button and perform another cleansing brew.
- Press and hold the carafe button until ahd red light goes off.
- Fill the reservoir with water again and repeat the 7th step again, for 3 times.
- Once done, refill the reservoir with water, till max line and place a big mug on the drip tray. Press the pod button and select the 12 button for cleansing brew. Do this 3 times.
Once done, your solution bottle is deeply cleaned and free of any possible buildup that might become an issue in the performance of the coffee maker machine.
How Often Should I Descale My Coffee Maker?
Descaling is all about deep cleaning. It helps reach out to all the nooks and corners of the coffee maker machine that are hard to reach elsewise. But descaling is not done every week or month. It usually depends upon how much you utilize your machine. But descaling it every third month is a very good idea. However, if you are just using it once everyday, then descaling it twice per year is a good idea. Restaurants and coffee shops have to descale their machines more often though as they are used around the clock and require deep cleaning to perform optimally.
Descaling is crucial to keep your coffee maker intact for the years to come. Thus, always invest in a descaling solution and understand the method wel to perform it once a while.